For many years I have been an IT consultant within the banking, finance, media and leisure sectors. Having spent time with large multi-nationals and small consultancy groups, in addition to a long period of freelancing, I have participated in all sizes of projects and encountered many technologies and methods. In recent years I have been focusing mainly on web-development.
- Technical Project Management, Development and Test Team Management with RAD and Agile processes, using JIRA, Github and Zenhub; I have also been a scrum-master on many projects;
- Test Management & Automation tools (Selenium, HP Quality Center, WinRunner / QTP / LoadRunner / Test Director, Rational SQA TeamTest / Robot);
- Designing and implementing comprehensive Test Strategy and Quality & Audit techniques and processes;
- TES Global Ltd, UK and France, Nov'17 – Oct’18, Senior Web Developer
TES provide services to the education industry and professionals. Within TES I worked for the THE (Times Higher Education) division which focuses on Universities and produces the World University Rankings. I was a remote-based team leader of a small team of four (all remote) covering front-end and back-end development in D8 and D7. I focused mostly on back-end development. This was a continuous integration environment, with a strong framework of process and control implemented with tools such as platform.sh, Jenkins, Git, Github and Zenhub, and with code review and coding standards to the fore.
https://www.timeshighereducation.com - This is the main THE website, a Drupal 7 and Drupal Commerce development in multiple languages (English, French, Chinese), and with heavy use of Panels, workflow, and extensive access controls. Other in-house systems Drupal 8-based proxy system for gathering job specifications from external systems, storing in a SOLR repository, and providing a REST interface for the main THE website to consume, integrated with Madgex and Parsehub. Related projects I also worked on a migration of email contact data from Salesforce (ExactTarget) into Mailchimp and the integration with the THE website.
- Matter of Form Ltd, UK and France, Feb'16 – Nov’17, Web Developer
Initially in-house based but then remote-based, full-time Drupal/PHP developer. Also helped implement project lifecycle tools (JIRA, Jenkins, PHPCS, GIT, etc.)
https://universityarms.com - Drupal 7 site for University Arms hotel in Cambridge. Single instance, multi-site Drupal platform incorporating two domains (second one is Parkers Tavern in Cambridge) with totally separate themes.
https://parkerstavern.com - As above.
https://matterofform.com - Drupal 7 site: Includes integrations with Instagram and 3rd-party recruitment sites. Features customised HTML5 video players.
https://www.chivasom.com - Drupal 7 site: in Thai and English for luxury health resort based in Thailand.
https://www.thecurtain.com - Drupal 7 site: launched June 2017, for a new members-only hotel in London. Back-end and front-end work.
https://www.aman.com - Drupal 7 site in English, French, Japanese and Chinese. Worked on both back-end and front-end components.
https://www.k-west.co.uk - Drupal 7 site. Back-end and Front-end work. Contact: Reference available upon request.
- Mist Systems Ltd, France, Jul'15 – Jan’16, Web Developer
Mist Systems is my own company. During this period I worked on a framework for a small-to-medium business e-commerce focused on French domestic businesses, and the first implementation for a leather goods company is live.
https://www.lescuirsnomades.fr - This is a Drupal 7 and Ubercart e-commerce website in 5 languages (English, French, German, Italian and Spanish), and with Domain Access implementing 5 different domains on one codebase and a single database, with mixed-mode HTTP and HTTPS. During this project I upgraded several D6 modules to D7 and implemented my own custom modules to implement Invoicing and VAT/shipping processes absent from the core Ubercart modules. A custom payment gateway interface was also built to integrate Ubercart with the Credit Agricole (a large French bank) e-Transactions service.
- Flight Centre (UK) Ltd, London UK, Mar'15 – Jul'15, Web Developer
I worked on Flight Centre's "Round The World Experts" website, as a Drupal 7 web developer, helping take the site live after many months of delays and turnover of development staff.
- Digital Life Sciences Ltd, London, UK, Jun'11 – Jan'15, Developer/Technical Project Manager
https://www.vitalitypartnership.nhs.uk - Drupal 7
https://innovate.livingitup.org.uk - Drupal 7
http://learning.wm.hee.nhs.uk - Drupal 7
https://olat.nshcs.org.uk - Drupal 6
http://www.bch.nhs.uk - Drupal 6
http://www.nhslocal.nhs.uk - Drupal 6
http://rcp.nhslocal.nhs.uk - Drupal 6
Other projects include Drupal 7 and PHP/Symfony developments using Microsoft Healthvault to deliver Personal Health Records. The projects are part of the YearZero programme sponsored by the Technology Strategy Board. Contact: Reference available upon request.
- Tarsus Group Ltd, London, UK, Feb'10 – Oct'10, Dev/Test Manager
Managing a team of 10 people I was responsible for defining and implementing controls and processes across both development and design activities. In addition, I project managed several website and infrastructure projects. The key project I was recruited for was the migration of a legacy Windows/IIS/SQL-based CMS system developed in-house over 5+ years in ASP/VBScript. On this key project, I defined, evaluated and acquired external hosting services (managing the migration from in-house servers) with Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP stacks, load-balancing, and SVN; migrated development from ASP to PHP and Drupal; migrated development and test tools, and their environments and processes; introduced new planning and estimating tools; evaluated, planned and scheduled staff re-training; and evaluated and acquired support consultancy and resources. On an ongoing basis I managed infrastructure projects to extend and enhance the base platform, and deliver websites and applications for Tarsus Group. I also contributed some Drupal and PHP coding.
Further info available on the older positions on request.
- eSeekers Ltd, Oxford, UK Jul’06 – Dec’08 QA/Test Manager
- Pragma Gaming Ltd, Cheshire, UK Aug’05 – May’06 Lead Architect
- Mist Systems Ltd, Manchester, UK Nov’04 – Aug’05 Web Developer
- Global Capital Group, London, UK Nov’03 - Nov’04 Web Developer
- API Group PLC, Cheshire, UK Mar’03 - Nov’03 Web Developer
- Betabet PLC, Milton Keynes, UK Mar’00 - Jan’03 Dev/Test Manager
- J.P. Morgan, London, UK Jun’99 - Mar’00 QA/Tester/Team Leader
- I.S. Integration, Preston, UK Jan’99 - Apr’99 QA/Test Instructor
- Bank of Scotland, Glasgow, UK Sep’98 - Nov’98 Test Analyst
- Barclays Bank PLC, Knutsford, UK Dec’97 Sep’98 Dev/Test Manager
- Dresdner Kleinwort Benson, London, UK Aug’97 - Nov’97 Business Analyst
- Deutsche Morgan Grenfell, London, UK Jun’97 - Aug’97 Test Analyst
- Pontis Consulting, Manchester/London/Holland Nov’93 - Jun’97 Test Strategy Consultant
- NatWest Home Loans, London/Birmingham, UK Nov’92 - Nov’93 Analyst/Programmer
- Lloyds TSB Bank Plc, Manchester, UK Sep’90 - Oct’92 Analyst/Programmer
- Unisys Ltd (Burroughs Ltd), UK Jun’88 - Sep’90 Analyst/Programmer
- Degree: B.Sc. (Hons.) Information Systems - Staffordshire University